Everything you need to know about connecting to dApps and Web3 apps using WalletConnect in Qadirah Mobile!
In this article:
- What is WalletConnect?
- What are dApps and Web3 apps?
- Which networks does WalletConnect support in Qadirah?
- How do I connect to a dApp or Web3 app with WalletConnect?
- Connect with QR code
- Connect with mobile linking
- How do I approve a request with WalletConnect?
- How do I manage my connection?
- How do I change the portfolio?
- How do I remove a Web3 app connection?
- How do I change the network for my connection?
- How can I view my WalletConnect transaction history?
- What can I do to help myself stay safe when using WalletConnect?
- Never make a connection with your 12-word secret recovery phrase
- Do your own research
- Good security practices when using WalletConnect
What is WalletConnect?
WalletConnect is a secure open-source tool that allows you to connect your mobile wallet to dApps and Web3 apps by scanning a QR code.
WalletConnect is supported on Qadirah Mobile.
Once you’re connected to the wonderful world of Web3, you can bid on NFTs, play games, participate in DeFi, and much more.
If your mobile wallet is connected to a Web3 app via WalletConnect, your Qadirah address is used to initiate and confirm transactions.
WalletConnect is a third-party platform. As such, Qadirah cannot guarantee the performance of its products/services or that the steps shown and the information provided will always be accurate.
What are dApps and Web3 apps?
The word dApp is an abbreviation of decentralized application. DApps are apps that you interact with by using blockchain technology. There are many different kinds of dApps, from games to DeFi to NFT platforms.
A Web3 app is any application built on a blockchain. There are also many different kinds of Web3 apps.
All dApps are Web3 apps, but not all Web3 apps are dApps, because not all Web3 apps are decentralized. However, you’ll often find the terms used interchangeably.
With WalletConnect in Qadirah Mobile, you can connect to Web3 apps on a few networks, including Ethereum.
If you would like to learn more about dApps, Web3 apps, and DeFi, you can explore:
- What are dApps and Web3 apps?
- What is DeFi?
- Safety and security when using DeFi and dApps
Which networks does WalletConnect support in Qadirah?
WalletConnect is available on Qadirah Mobile. You can connect to dApps and Web3 apps through WalletConnect on the following networks:
- Ethereum (ETH)
- BNB Smart Chain (BSC)
- Polygon (MATIC)
- Avalanche C-Chain (AVAX)
- Fantom (FTM)
- Algorand (ALGO)
How do I connect to a dApp or Web3 app with WalletConnect?
WalletConnect is available on Qadirah Mobile. To see which blockchain networks are supported,
Not all Web3 apps will work with WalletConnect in Qadirah. If you encounter any errors when using WalletConnect, you can contact Qadirah Support at email@example.com
Connect with QR code
Go to the Web3 app, click Connect a wallet or Connect, and select WalletConnect as your connection method.
If you are connecting to an Algorand Web3 app, select Pera Wallet.
After selecting WalletConnect (or Pera Wallet) as your connection method, you will be shown a QR code. To connect Qadirah with the Web3 app, you can scan the QR code using Qadirah Mobile.
Before you connect to a Web3 app, ensure that the QR code is kept secret and visible only to you before displaying the QR code. Never share the QR code with anyone.
To scan the QR code, open Qadirah Mobile and a) tap on the Profile icon, then b) tap Connect.
Tap Add Connection
Connect with mobile linking
Not every dApp and Web3 app supports connecting with mobile linking. If you can’t connect with mobile linking, you can scan the QR code instead: Connect with QR code.
- In the Web3 app, tap Connect a wallet or Connect, and select WalletConnect.
- After selecting WalletConnect as your connection method, tap a) Mobile. In the search field, b) search for Qadirah, and c) tap on the Qadirah logo. Tap the Qadirah logo to open Qadirah Mobile.
- Qadirah will ask for permission to connect with the Web3 app. You can a) select which portfolio you want to use, then b) Slide to approve.
- And you are done! Your mobile wallet is connected to the Web3 app.
How do I approve a request with WalletConnect?
When you use a dApp or Web3 app with WalletConnect, all transactions and requests made through the Web3 app will have to be approved from your Qadirah wallet.
- When you need to approve a Web3 app request with WalletConnect, you will see a pop-up in Qadirah Mobile. Here you can see the details of the request, such as the network used, the network fee, and the Qadirah portfolio you are using for the Web3 connection.
- To approve the WalletConnect request, tap Approve.
- And done! The request from the Web3 app is approved.
How do I manage my connections?
You can view, edit, or delete your WalletConnect connections directly from Qadirah Mobile. Here is how you can manage your connections
How do I change the portfolio?
- To change the portfolio, open Qadirah Mobile, a) tap the Profile icon, then b) tap Connect.
- Tap on the connection you want to edit.
- Tap on the Connection portfolio
- Select the portfolio you want to use with the Web3 app.
- To save your changes, click Save.
How do I remove a Web3 app connection?
- To remove a connection, open Qadirah Mobile, a) tap on the Profile icon, then b) tap Connect.
- If you want to remove all your connections, a) click Disconnect all. If you want to remove a specific Web3 app, b) tap the connection you want to remove, then c) tap the Remove icon.
- To confirm, tap Remove.
How do I change the network for my connection?
If a Web3 app supports multiple networks, you can change the network you’re using. To see which networks WalletConnect supports in Qadirah, visit: Which networks does WalletConnect support in Qadirah?
It is not possible to change the network for Algorand connections.
- a) Tap on the Profile icon, then b) tap Connect.
- Tap the connection you want to edit.
- To change the network of the connection, tap on the network you are currently using.
- Then choose the network you want to switch to. This will only work if the Web3 app supports the selected network.
To see which networks WalletConnect supports in Qadirah, visit: Which networks does WalletConnect support in Qadirah?
5. To save the changes, tap Save.
How can I view my WalletConnect transaction history?
- To view your WalletConnect transaction history, open Qadirah Mobile, a) tap on the Profile icon, then b) tap Connect.
- Tap the History icon in the top right corner.
- Here you can view your WalletConnect transaction history. Tap any transaction to see more details.
What can I do to help myself stay safe when using WalletConnect?
Never make a connection with your 12-word secret recovery phrase
When setting up WalletConnect with a dApp or Web3 app, WalletConnect will never ask you to enter your 12-word secret recovery phrase or any of your private keys. If a website or Web3 app asks you to enter your 12-word phrase or private key, it is a scam.
- Common signs of a scam
Never share your 12-word secret recovery phrase or private keys with a Web3 app!
Do your own research
Only connect to trusted dApps and Web3 apps. DApps and Web3 apps are third-party platforms, and not managed or monitored by Qadirah. Qadirah can’t vouch for the safety or security of any third party.
Before connecting to a Web3 app, make sure you do your own research and familiarize yourself with the Web3 app, so you know the features and the potential risks of using it.
To read more about the safety and security when using dApps and Web3 apps, visit: Safety and security for DeFi and Web3.
Be sure to personally verify the authenticity of any third-party website or app before accessing it. Never connect WalletConnect with any Web3 app you do not trust, and be careful of fake websites and phishing attempts. Always check that you are using the official website.
For more information on this topic, visit: Watch out for spoofs of legitimate websites.
It’s always recommended to check that the Web3 app you are connecting to is trusted and that you have accessed it with the correct URL.
Good security practices when using WalletConnect
When you are in the process of connecting WalletConnect to a dApp or Web3 app, keep the QR code secret and make sure that you are the only one viewing the QR code.
After each session of using WalletConnect, it is a good security practice to disconnect from the Web3 app by removing the connection. You can always reconnect if you want to use the Web3 app again.
For more information on safety and security, you can visit WalletConnect’s article: WalletConnect FAQ.
Questions? Need more assistance? Send us an email at: support@Qadirah.com We promise quick human help!